I just stumbled upon a really funny, tongue-in-cheek comparison between Agile Adoption and Teenage Sex of all things. It made me laugh so I thought I’d share it!
I’ve *think* the original version of this joke/comparison came from the Agile Learning Labs blog but I can’t be sure.
Agile is like Teen Sex because:
- Everyone wants to do it
- Many say they’re doing it
- You always exaggerate how much of it you’re doing
- Most people aren’t actually doing it (despite their best efforts)
- Everybody else seems to be doing more than you
- You get a kick out of telling your friends how they can do it better
- You spend a lot of time thinking about it
- Your first time never quite goes to plan
- You can’t wait until you experience the real deal
- Very few of you/your friends are doing it correctly
- You do everything you can to please your Product Owner
- It takes you a while before you find your velocity
- You always make sure to hold a retrospective afterwards
- Everyone says they’ll ‘do it better next time’
- Your start getting a bad reputation when you spend too much time ‘Doing it’ (See: Doing Agile is a Sign of Incompetence)
Okay – now back to being a serious Blogger
Subscribe to the Agile101 RSS to be notified when I upload new Articles, Videos, Templates and Tips!