This is a very interesting video summary of The Sysomos ‘Inside Twitter’ report on Social Media User Demographics and Usage Trendsby Mel Aclaro (www.businesscasualblog.com).
In this video, Mel discusses some of the following facts published by Sysomos:
- 72.5% of all Twitter users joined during the first five months of 2009
- 85.3% of all Twitter users post less than one update per day
- 21% of users have never posted a Tweet
- 93.6% of users have less than 100 followers
- 92.4% follow less than 100 people
- 5% of Twitter users account for 75% of all activity (see the report on analysis of top-5% users)
- New York has the most Twitters users, followed by Los Angeles, Toronto, San Francisco and Boston
- Detroit was the fast-growing city over the first five months of 2009
- More than 50% of all updates are published using tools, mobile and Web-based, other than Twitter.com.
- TweetDeck is the most popular non-Twitter.com tool with 19.7% market share.
- There are more women on Twitter (53%) than men (47%)
- Of the people who identify themselves as marketers, 15% follow more than 2,000 people.
- 0.29% of overall Twitter users follow more than 2,000 people.
(See: http://www.sysomos.com/insidetwitter/ for the full report.)
Subscribe to the Agile101 RSS to be notified when I upload new Articles, Videos, Templates and Tips!