Five questions asked by Nokia to determine whether or not their teams were ‘doing Iterative Development’.
These questions are discussed in more detail by Jeff Sutherland during the 2006 Google Tech Talk – Scrum Tuning: Lessons learned from Google.
So, you know you’re not doing Iterative Development when…
- Iterations are longer than six weeks
- Iterations are not timeboxed
- The team tries to finish the entire specification before programming
- An iteration does not deliver workable code
- An iteration does not include testing
So… do you do iterative development?
For an extended version of this questionnaire - See: How Agile Are you (The Survey)
Subscribe to the Agile101 RSS to be notified when I upload new Articles, Videos, Templates and Tips!