About the Author
This is the personal blog of Tara Hamilton-Whitaker, Digital Director of IPC Connect, the mainstream women’s division of IPC Media, the UK subsidiary of Time Inc. a Time Warner company. IPC Connect has a wide range of multi-platform brands including www.nowmagazine.co.uk, http://www.whatsontv.co.uk and www.goodtoknow.co.uk, the UK’s #1 Women’s Lifestyle website according to Hitwise.
Tara has over 15 years of experience in the areas of digital product development, project and programme management. She is a Certified Scrum Master, an MSP Practitioner and holds a BsC Hons in Management & Systems from a top London business school. Her degree focused primarily on the definition, diagnosis, analysis and optimisation of commercial business operations and strategy.
Tara is an active member of the Association of Online Publishers and was invited to Judge the 2012 UK Agile Awards. She feels fortunate to have played a role in IPC Media winning the ‘Most Engaged Management Team’ gong at the 2011 UK Agile Awards and for being shortlisted for Best Agile Team at the 2012 UK Agile Awards.
Tara’s primary areas of expertise include:
- Digital publishing
- Digital strategy
- Consumer website development
- Product development (mobile and web)
- Social Media / Community Platforms
- Project/Programme Management – Agile, Prince II, MSP
- Business Analysis (Logistics, Financial Planning, Process Re-engineering)
More information is available on http://uk.linkedin.com/in/tarahamiltonwhitaker
- Sept 2012 – Media Week Tara Hamilton-Whitaker named Digital Director of IPC Connect
- Sept 2011 – Media Week IPC boosts digital team with two appointments
- Sept 2011 – M&M Global IPC Media boosts digital team
- Sept 2011 – Mobile Marketing Magazing 30 Per Cent of IPC Media’s Digital Traffic is Mobile
- Aug 2011 – Association of Online Publishers Q&A: Programme Director, IPC Digital Tara Hamilton-Whitaker
- Mar 2011 – Media Week IPC ramps up mobile investment – Media news – Media Week
- Mar 2011 – Journalism.co.uk IPC Media unveils 24 mobile-optimised sites
- July 2010 – Media Week IPC creates digital programme director role
- July 2010 – Association of Online Publishers Tara Whitaker appointed Programme Director at IPC Digital
Note from the author: It’s 2009 and I have been wanting to start a blog since early 2007… but I couldn’t decide on what to talk about! I didn’t want an autobiographical blog… and I wanted it to be useful… I toyed with ideas of setting up a cooking blog, a dog-training blog, a property development blog and was even asked to write a blog for a leading celebrity website… but two years and no blog later… I’m cycling down The Cut on my way home from work and it finally hits me… (not a vehicle, an idea)…
In hindsight, it seems absurd that I’ve spent so long trying to figure out what to write about when the majority of my life is already dedicated to progressing, debating, practicing, teaching and implementing my greatest passion…
In true confession-of-an-addict-style – My name is Tara Hamilton-Whitaker and I’m hooked on Agile Project Management.
So, here goes!